Language & Culture PD Bites
Who will want to use PD Bites?
Teachers - Complete modules at your own pace and on your own schedule.
PLC Teams - Complete modules together during PLC meetings.
Administrators - Use modules as a part of faculty meeting.
You will receive relicensure points for each PD module you complete.
Once the module is completed, relicensure points will be awarded in JPLS and you will be able to print a certificate or see it on your transcript. Please note that modules are graded by a real human, so they do take some time to show on JPLS.
Contact Tammy Fulmer if you have any questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What's on the menu in PD Bites?
- Short PD minutes for quick understanding. No credit.
- 30 minute modules that can be complete for relicensure points or combined with "dessert" to receive USBE credit.
- To receive USBE credit, a guided implementation assignment/project must be completed in addition to the required seat time and payment to receive USBE credit will need to be made through JPLS. When you get to the point of getting credit, a teacher specialist will assist you in making sure all requirements have been met.
- (Discussion Boards) - This is the "Share Space" where teachers can post and share ideas or pose questions for discussion. Discussions will be moderated for content and appropriateness. This will be a positive professional networking and sharing space. Negative and inappropriate discussions will be deleted.
What technology should I use?
- Modules are best completed on a laptop.
- Modules can also be completed using the Canvas app for Android or iPhone. However, some interactive learning activities will be difficult or not possible on small phones, and are better accessed on a laptop or tablet.
- We realize that some of the links embedded in the modules are now asking you to pay for a subscription to their website. Please be patient with us as we update and make changes. In the meantime, you may use youtube.com to access those videos. Thank you.
Eight Self-Paced eWorkshops and 13 Facilitated eWorkshops are available to educators in participating states from Sept. 1, 2021 – Aug. 31, 2022. The content is relevant for all educators: school leaders, coaches and facilitators, K-12 classroom teachers, ESL teachers and specialists, and professional learning communities.
eWorkshops are available under the Professional Learning tab within the WIDA Secure Portal (valid login required).
ESL Endorsement Options
Not currently taking applications
Spring 2023 info coming soon
In-Person Cohort 32: Elementary
Monday Evenings 4:30-7:30
August 8, 2022-May 15, 2023
In-Person Cohort 33: Secondary
Thursday Evenings 4:30-7:30
August 11, 2022-May 18, 2023
Contact: Nicole Woodburn
Central Utah Education System (CUES)
Cost: $1,200 ($200 per class)
Type of Program: Hybrid - to include face-to-face* and online sessions with practicum (practical experience) in each course. *Face-to-face sessions are delivered online through IVC (Interactive Video Conferencing).
Beginning Dates: Participants can join any time a new course begins.
Duration: Approximately a year and a half (no courses during Summer).
Contact: Jason Strate (CUES)
Requirements for taking this program.
These are not optional.
- Must be able to hardwire into the internet - No wifi (Plug into your modem at home or a data port at school)
- Must use a Chrome browser
- Computer must have a camera and a microphone